Hooray! The warm weather is finally here! While you're breaking out those flip flops and planning your summer, Armstrong Fairway and the National Stroke Association would like to remind you how important it is to stay healthy during your summer adventures.
May is Stroke Awareness Month and healthy habits are an excellent way to be proactive in protecting you and your family from the risk of stroke. A stroke can happen to anyone at any age, and taking preventative measures is your best defense. Here are a few recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and prevention (CDC) to help reduce your risk of stroke:
- Healthy eating habits
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Getting out and being active
- Quit smoking
- Limit alcohol use
- Is water too boring for you? Try this tasty spin on your H2O, infused water! It’s a great way to get into the habit of putting down those sugar filled beverages and making a healthy change.
- Getting the kids involved in the preparation of the food is not only fun but a great way to instill healthy habits.
- In a world with technology readily available it’s easy to find inexpensive ways to get active. Check out this website filled with family activities!
No time is better than right now to get into a healthy lifestyle, grab that water and head outdoors!