Mix things up this St. Patrick's Day!
- 4 Cups Popped Popcorn
- 3 Cups Toasted Corn Cereal
- 1¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Margarine or Butter
- Green Sugar Sprinkles
- 2 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 4 Blocks Almond Bark
- 2-3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- 1 Cup Green M&M’s and/or Mint Chocolate M&M’s
Check out A mom's take they have so many great recipes for the family.
- In medium heavy bottomed saucepan, melt butter/margarine and brown sugar together. recipe
- Bring to a boil and allow this to cook stirring occasionally for 7 minutes
- Remove from heat.
- Place waxed paper on baking sheet and spread popped corn and cereal over in even layer.
- Pour caramel over popped corn and cereal stirring with a wooden spoon to ensure all pieces are coated lightly.
- Place in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool. Gently break apart any clumps that have formed.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place 4 squares almond bark.
- Microwave on medium heat in 30 second increments until it has melted.
- Stir in 2-3 drops green food coloring. Do not use an excess as the added moisture can cause problems in the bark hardening properly after pretzels are dipped.
- Using skewers or forks, dip each pretzel into melted almond bark coating well.
- Place dipped pretzels on wax paper to dry and set.
- Once pretzels have set mix together with popcorn, cereal, and M&M’s.